Skip to content
- Start by adding detail to the edge of the darkest form using the small pointed brush.
- Look for where the forms are softer or harsher, and where you can find small elements like branches and twigs sticking out.
- Then start to look for more detail at the edges of lighter masses of tone.
- This could be more trees or reflections etc.
- Finally, heighten the lightest tones, to create a subtle sense of glow.
- Don’t use pure white paint though as we need to keep the general painting a bit darker to ensure that the lights on the opposite shore stand out and glow against the parvading gloom.
- Small oil painting surface (primed canvas, panel or oil paper)
- Ivory black, Titanium White and Ultramarine Blue oil paint
- One medium bristle brush
- Small pointed brush
- Mineral spirits
- Palette cups
Copyright © 2018 - 2022 Cambridge Online Education Ltd. All Rights Reserved.