In this series we will be making a pet portrait in oils. In this session we will be continuing to develop the halftones.
- Brushes (one medium and two small)
- Solvent (mineral spirits etc.)
- Linseed Oil
- Palette Cup
- Titanium White
- Ivory Black
- Burnt Umber
- Raw Umber
- Cadmium Red
- Cadmium Yellow
- Using the same approach as part 3 – continue to develop smaller forms by adding more complex halftones and lights.
- You can use a smaller brush to add more gradual shifts in darker and lighter tones.
- The smaller brush will also help you to catch more specific textures (such as the strokes of the fur).
- Once all the medium and smaller forms are added, you can leave the piece to dry.