In this series we will be making a pet portrait in oils. In this session we will be adding some final glazes and details.
- Brushes (one medium and two small)
- Solvent (mineral spirits etc.)
- Linseed Oil
- Palette Cup
- Titanium White
- Ivory Black
- Burnt Umber
- Raw Umber
- Cadmium Red
- Cadmium Yellow
- Begin this final session by thickly oiling in the entire piece.
- This will ensure that all the colours are deep and fully saturated as well as providing a smooth surface to lay details and glazes into.
- Look for minor details like whiskers, smaller patches of textures and the smallest forms.
- You will likely find that pure black glazed into the shadows will be a helpful way to add detail effectively.
- That’s it – I hope you all enjoyed this series!