In this series we will be creating a soft pencil sketch from a cat reference. You can use your own reference or work from the same one as me using the link below. In this session we will be adding in the cat’s markings and beginning to develop the fur textures.
- Begin by working from the darker areas, starting to divide the fur into separate tufts.
- Focus on the biggest pieces of fur first and then divide in between them.
- You can also start to shade in areas of the cat where there are locally darker tones (this will be mostly patterns).
- Carry on laying in more markings and fur textures.
- You can also add a bit more detail to the features (eyes and mouth) at this stage.