In this one-off session, I’ll be showing you how to use the concept of negative space to help improve your observational drawing skills.
You can download the reference here: http://drawandpaint4free.artcoursework.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/IMG_0547-scaled.jpg
- Start with a rectangle that matches your subject.
- Then lightly sketch in any of the shapes that surround the subject.
- Make sure that you focus on the shape itself and not the subject. This is how you draw the negative rather than the positive parts of the drawing.
- Once you have the negative shapes roughly outlined, fill them in with a light tone.
- Go back over the shapes and refine the details before shading them in darker.