Skip to content
Blocking in Form Through Halftones
- Now that the shadows and dark tones are roughed in, you can begin developing the form by adding halftones.
- It is best to add tone in blocks or ‘planes’ as you still want to keep things as simple as possible to allow for changes.
- As each plane turns towards the light it will get darker – the closer the tone is to the shadow, the darker it will be.
- It will enhance the sense of the big form of the head by figuring out where the lightest highlights are and darkening away from this point generally and gradually.
- Once the planes are blocked in, you can go back and erase highlights and lighten tones where necessary.
Copyright © 2018 - 2021 Cambridge Online Education Ltd. All Rights Reserved.