- Paper (preferably good quality paper that will hold up to erasing)
- Mixture of pencils of differing hardness (2B, B, H, HB etc.)
- Kneadable eraser
- Drawing Board
- Begin rounding the medium forms by softening the transition between the halftones and shadows blocked in during the previous stage.
- Only soften the transitions where the forms are round, some forms will be sharper so they will not need to be softened.
- While you are softening forms you can take the opportunity to even out your shading, it’s best to use a fine point (either a fine mechanical lead or a well sharpened hard pencil).
- Even out the shading by erasing where the be is too dark and adding when it’s too light.
- Avoiding working on the details yet, leave that for the next stage. For now just focus on medium forms like the cheeks, chin and forehead etc.