This lesson will show you a simple approach for drawing all sorts of hair types and styles. We will be using a separation of light and dark masses as the basis for the hair forms before layering texture over this base.
- Start by finding the darkest shapes in the hair.
- Sketch these shapes simply.
- Fill in the shapes with an average dark tone.
- You can then start to find gradient transitions that go from dark to light – away from these shadows and towards the highlights.
- You may need to use the eraser to amplify the highlights.
- You can also use gradual passes of light tone to soften the texture of the hair.