This series will show you how to create fun studies of plants in acrylics using a simple bold palette.
In this lesson we will be following on from the previous session by continuing to add detail to individual leaves.
You can download the reference image here: http://drawandpaint4free.artcoursework.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/P1090720-scaled.jpg
- Acrylic paints: White, Bright Yellow, Bright Blue and Earth Red
- Water cups and water
- Palette – Paper towel
- Medium sized flat acrylic brush
- Small pointed brush
- Keep following the same process as the previous lesson.
- Refine the edges where necessary by sharpening them up or softening them.
- Neaten the general tones within the leaves if they’re patchy.
- Then create blendings between the darker tones and highlights.
- This can be achieved by working quickly so that the paint is still blendable.
- Or you can use gradual washes of shifting tones.
- Keep going until all the leaves that fill the focal point of the image are complete.