This is a series that will show you how to make an artwork in ink using a mixture of brushwork and pen. In this session you will learn how to add final details to finish the piece off.
You can use the same reference as me by downloading it here: https://i1.wp.com/drawandpaint4free.artcoursework.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/P1090849.jpg
- Watercolour paper
- Small soft round brush
- Indian ink
- Water pot
- Use a very small brush to add very small details.
- You don’t need to change anything drastic – just add to what is already there.
- Use a mixture of lighter, washier tones and richer, darker tones with less diluted ink.
- Pay particular attention to the textures that occur where the forms are turning from light to dark as this is where they will be most pronounced.
- You can add details in the darker areas as well.
- At this stage we are working over the entire piece as one thing.
- That’s it! You should have completed a lovely ink piece in pen and brush 🙂