In this series we will be creating a soft pencil sketch from a cat reference. You can use your own reference or work from the same one as me using the link below. In this session we will be lightly establishing the main shapes and features in the drawing.
- Begin by using soft simple lines to form the outline of the head.
- You can also plot in a suggestion for the placement of the features with the face.
- Then gradually elaborate the lines and tones around the outside of the head.
- You can break longer lines down into smaller ones and also lay in tone to roll the forms.
- Finally, render the eyes, nose and mouth a bit more to give the drawing a focal point.