In this series we will be creating a detailed pencil sketch from an urban subject. This first session will be spent lightly placing all the major elements of the scene in an easy manner.
You can download the reference image here: http://drawandpaint4free.artcoursework.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/IMG-0536-scaled.jpg
- Begin by selecting an element of the scene and sketching that in.
- I chose the horizontal section of the fire escape.
- Working from this anchor point you can then place elements in relation to it.
- It’s best to add in parts that are closer to the anchor point before working your way out.
- You don’t need to elaborate much – just get all the elements in place relative to one another.