In this series we will be creating a detailed pencil sketch from an urban subject. In this session we will begin redenering a specific section of the drawing.
You can download the reference image here: http://drawandpaint4free.artcoursework.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/IMG-0536-scaled.jpg
- Begin by selecting that part of the sketch you want to render.
- Try to keep it quite focused and avoid the urge to move around the whole drawing as this can be distracting.
- Look for useful architectural elements to divide the bigger shapes.
- Pay attention to the nature of different shadows; some will be harsh whereas others will be much softer.
- Capturing these variations will add a lot of visual interest to your drawing.
- Once you’ve added as much detail as you want, take a step back and make final larger adjustments to ensure that everything is cohesive.